Questions to Ask Before You List Your Home
It is your duty to make sure you are comfortable with your agent and they are qualified! Have questions prepared ahead of time. Here are some good questions to get you started:
- Do they belong to the local Multiple Listing Service? (MLS's are cooperative information databases that provide homes for sale in the area, as well as the market history of homes, and in depth property descriptions)
- Does your agent have a network of other agents looking for a buyer for your home?
- Are they able to determine the true market value of your home?
- Will they show you how to maximize your profit?
- Are they internet savvy?
- Do they know how to effectively market your listing on the internet?
- Do they have a professional website that attracts traffic?
- Will your property be online with an in depth property description, full photo gallery, virtual tour, Yahoo mapping, and local school and community reports?
- Will they feature your listings on the top online Real Estate classifieds sites like FrontDoor, GoogleBase, Yahoo! Real Estate, Zillow, Trulia, Oodle, Propsmart, Livedeal, Vast and Hotpads?
- What other avenues will they use to market your home? (Property signs, fliers, local or national print publications, newspapers, open houses, etc.)
- What commission do they charge?